Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blasted Memory

Quote of the Day:
--Batman52486: ABC, easy as 123
--Pedro886: simple as Do-Re-Mi
--Batman52486: do re mi isnt simple

I had thought of a wonderful post to do today, and i can not remember it. Isnt that the darnest thing? Does it not make you mad whenever you think of something totally brilliant and it just escapes the brain cells? The mysterious magnificence of memory is somewhat magical and majestical and helps one remember major and minor events that make up the man; yet many times my memory makes me move memories out of my brain and all that is left is mostly knowledge of emotion and much mentioning by the brain to the me that there has been a lost memory. Alliteration aside, It is perplexing. I remember that I wanted to remember something but I do not remember anything other than I liked what I had thought of a lot and now it is gone. Also, many times emotion is left without pictures. You can remember the emotional context, such as happiness or anger towards someone but the event is forgotten. For example, a man says to his friend, "you always do that," the friend replies, "oh yea? When have i done that?" Of course he can only remember the last time his friend did it and therefore there is only one time that you can recall, but the emotion of all the other ones still remain. Frustrating. One could write everything down, but that is just not feasible. Maybe you could become smarter but not likely. The only possible answer to the problem is a pensieve, but that will only work if you say the thought out loud, barring that you remember when it happened.

Quote the Shea, NeVeRmOrE

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas August said...

Who are you that are so wise in the ways of memory?

3:44 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

if i get an idea, but don't have time to post, i either write a couple of key words under an unpublished post called "ideas" or if i am out n about, i write it on my cell phone. and that solves that.

10:41 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home